Today in London, Samsung Mobile unveiled the Galaxy S III. The event is just kicking off, but Samsung sent out their press release a little early. Details after the break.
“With the GALAXY S III, Samsung has maximized the consumer benefits by integrating superior hardware with enhanced smartphone usability,” said JK Shin, President and Head of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung. “Designed to be both effortlessly smart and intuitively simple, the GALAXY S III has been created with our human needs and capabilities in mind. What makes me most proud is that it enables one of the most seamless, natural and human-centric mobile experiences, opening up a new horizon that allows you to live a life extraordinary.”
Highlights of the Samsung Galaxy S III include:
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 4.8-inch Super HD AMOLED (1280×720) display
- Exynos 4 Quad processor (more details coming soon)
- 8 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- 1.9 Mega pixel camera, HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- 16/ 32GB User memory (64GB available soon) ＋ microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- 2,100mAh battery
- Networks: 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz,3G (HSPA＋ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz, 4G (Dependent on market)
- Bluetooth 4.0, 40MHz 802.11n Wi-Fi, NFC
- Audience Inc.’s earSmart (eS305) Advanced Voice processor
- Additional features: S Beam, Buddy photo share, Share shot, AllShare Play, AllShare Cast, Smart stay, Social tag, Group tag, Face zoom, Face slide show
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133g
Samsung says the HSPA+ version of the Galaxy S III will arrive in Europe on May 29th. Customers will be able to choose from two colors, pebble blue or marble white. In total, the device will come to 296 mobile operators in 145 countries. The US version of the device will be arriving later this summer.